Thursday, June 25, 2009

Kate's Birth Story

This may be long but here is the labor story. Tuesday morning I woke up with some back pain and some abdominal pressure. I took a warm bath and most of it went away but I still called the dr. to see about it. The doctor said to go ahead and come in to his office. We got there about 10:30 and I was at a 5 1/2! He said to go to the hospital asap. We ran home and got our bags and checked in vto the hospital. We got there about noon and I was at a 6. About 1 o'clock Dr. Collins came in and broke my water. He wanted me to have some contractions before I got the epidural. I definitely started feeling them! I got my epidural when I was an 8 at about 3:30. Dr. Pearman, the anetheseologist (spelling?) was wonderful and made me feel so much better! We were able to relax until about 4:30 when we started pushing with the nurse. I was at a 9 1/2 by this time. The pushing continued with her for about an hour and then she said we could take a break. After about 30 minutes Dr. Collins came in and I pushed for about 20 more minutes and at 6:39p.m. our lives were changed when Miss Kate Olivia Hubbard came into our lives. We already are so in love with our precious daughter.

Thanks to all our friends and wonderful family who came and visited, brought us food, took care of our dog, etc. We are so blessed!Here are a few pictures we've taken the last few days.







Our new family of 3 Mom's favorite-of course it's black and white
Help me I'm naked! The proud parents
Proud daddy Our beautiful little girl!
Auntie "K" and I

Grandad Newberry Gma Newberry

Grandma and Grandad Newberry


Grandma Hubbard Great gma Clara


Dr. Collins



















4 comments:

  1. love it! can't wait to meet her in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE!!! She's just beautiful!!! I can't wait to come see her again!!!! Congratulations you two!! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. most beautiful baby girl EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that sweet little girl is still doing good... and hope you and Kyle are getting some rest, too! Can't wait to come by this week!

    ReplyDelete